So for the past week my exercise hasn’t been great but I have made sure that I have been eating well! This recipe is really easy to make, extremely nutritious and just an all round winner 🙂
Ingredients – serves 1
- 1 wholemeal English muffin
- 1 poached egg
- 1 slice of lean roast ham
- 20g cheese (I choose “light” cheddar cheese)
- 2 tsp of low-fat butter
- 20g of fresh spinach leaves
Method – takes about 10-15 mins
- Preheat the grill to medium-heat.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Crack your egg into a small bowl. Taking a spoon spin the water around the saucepan until there is a vortex in the middle (it will look like a whirlpool). Carefully tip the egg into the centre of the whirlpool as close to the water as you can get. Bring the water right down to a simmer so its barely boiling and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cut the muffin in half and toast under the grill on the cut sides only for about 1 minute but do keep an eye on them as they can burn easily!
- Spread the toasted sides with the butter. Layer the spinach leaves, ham and cheese on top and then place your beautifully poached egg on top. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and enjoy!