My colleague bought in a pesto dish last week and the smell made me have massive pesto cravings hence why I created this recipe at the weekend. Easy to make and delicious to eat, I could eat this all day everyday!
Ingredients – makes 5 lunches
- 250g Wholemeal Fusilli Pasta
- 400g Chicken Breasts Fillets
- Sacla Classic Pesto
- Olive Oil
- 200 – 300g Green Beans
- 100g Cherry Tomatoes
- 160g Sweetcorn
- Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves
- Pasta: Pop into a saucepan of boiling water for about 12 mins. Once it is cooked through drain the pasta and then put it into tupperware.
- Green Beans: Chop the ends off the green beans then chop them into small bite size pieces. Steam for 5 mins or until soft enough to eat. Place in a tupperware
- Tomatoes: Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Cut the tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over the tomatoes and some salt and pepper and place in the oven for about 10-15 mins until the tomatoes are “squishy” (not the professional term!) Place in a tupperware with the green beans.
- Chicken: Cut the fillets into slices. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Place the chicken into the frying pan and add a tsp of the pesto sauce onto the chicken then mix around so all the chicken is coated. Place in a tupperware.
- Each morning I put 50g of the pasta into a container and take a tsp of pesto and mix it in with the pasta. I then add the vegetables including some sweetcorn and mix it in. Then add the chicken and roughly tear up some basil leaves to put on top.