This is a firm favourite in our household. It is probably my other half’s go to dish. He is very good at it and it is so yummy and healthy I had to share it!
Ingredients – serves 2
- 2 monkfish fillets
- 6/7 slices of parma ham
- 200g frozen peas
- 375g new potatoes
- 25g butter
- 1 bunch of mint
Method – takes about 30 mins
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Place 3 to 4 pieces of parma ham down on a board and then place ur fillet in the middle. Making sure to overlap the ham wrap the monkfish into a parcel.
- Squeeze over a little lemon juice and oil and then put onto a baking tray and transfer to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Boil a large pan of water and then place the new potatoes into the pan and cook for 10 minutes. Roughly chop half the mint. Drain the potatoes then add the mint, half the butter and a bit of salt and pepper. Lightly crush the potatoes using the back of a fork.
- Boil a second pan of water and cook your peas for 4 minutes. Roughly chop the other half of the mint. Drain the peas and add the mint, other half of the butter and some salt and pepper. Then lightly crush the peas using the back of a fork.
- Layer your peas and potatoes on a plate. Take the monkfish fillets and cut into chunky bits and then pop on top of your peas and potatoes. Enjoy!