So as regulars to my blog will know, I love a protein pancake. Nutritious and yummy they tick all my boxes for a good breakfast/brunch. However, I do find that I have not managed to perfect the light and fluffy flavour that is expected with pancakes…
Enter these game changers.
Not only are they so easy to make, simply whizz in a blender and your mixture is made, but they are so fluffy and light as well as filling. They received a thumbs up from the boyfriend so you know I am onto a winner! Have a go and let me know what you think 🙂
Ingredients – makes about 6 medium pancakes
For the batter:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsps almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
For the toppings:
Can be anything really but suggested toppings are:
- Heat your oven to 100°C and place a plate to warm up inside.
- Place all of the batter ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. It should be nice and runny.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add a little coconut oil and swirl around the pan to coat it.
- Spoon a small amount into your heated frying pan. If you have cup measurements I use the ⅓ cup for a good sized pancake but feel free to use less or more if you want epically big pancakes!
- When the pancake starts to bubble on top carefully flip it over and cook for about a minute longer.
- Transfer to plate in oven. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- To serve, top with your preferred toppings. I topped mine with a drizzle of maple syrup, greek yoghurt, blueberries and raspberries. Enjoy!