Firstly, sorry about the fish pun but sometimes you just need a punny pun 😉
Secondly, stop all food planning and make sure you try this recipe because my goodness it is yummy! I have adapted it from a recipe I found on simplyrecipes.com and its tangy and yummy and warming and delicious and just amazing, so go try it… NOW!!! Oh and it only takes 30 mins to prep and serve!
Ingredients – serves 2
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- 400g can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 110ml shellfish stock
- 120ml white wine
- 400g white fish fillets (I used a 200g cod and a 200g haddock but if you can get a fish mix that would be great or any other good firm white fish.
- Pinch of dry oregano
- Pinch of dry thyme
- Hot sauce (to taste, I like it quite spicy but others may not so add as desired)
- Black pepper
Method – takes 30 mins
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes, add the garlic and chilli and cook for a minute more. Add parsley and stir for 2 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes and tomato puree, and simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- Add the shellfish stock, white wine and the fish. Bring to a simmer until the fish is cooked through and easily flakes apart, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the oregano, thyme, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and serve.