A salad with incredible flavours, I didn’t think I was going to like this, turns out I can’t get enough! This has become a staple in our household. It is a fairly easy recipe to make and can be eaten cold so leftovers for lunch the next day is a possibility 🙂
Ingredients – serves 2
- 1 ciabatta
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 pack of radishes, quartered
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 lime
Method – takes 30 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Cut the ciabatta into 2cm sized chunks. Pop the into a bowl and sprinkle over half the curry powder. Mix well to ensure the ciabatta chunks are evenly coated. Put them on a baking tray and drizzle over 1 tbsp of olive oil. Bake for 8 mins and then keep them to one side.
- Pop the chicken breasts into the same bowl you used for your croutons and sprinkle over the remaining curry powder, ½ tbsp of soy sauce and ½ tbsp of oil. Mix well to make sure the chicken breasts are nicely coated.
- Put a frying pan on high heart and once the pan is hot, cook the chicken breasts for 2 mins on each side until golden brown. Transfer them to a baking tray and roast in your oven for 15-18 mins.
- Roughly chop the coriander. Chop the tops and bottoms off the carrots, peel and then grate on the coarse side of your grater. Pop the carrots and chopped coriander into your bowl.
- Cut the red onion in half through the root, peel and then slice one quarter into thin half moon shapes, add this to the bowl with the carrot and coriander.
- Cut the radishes into quarters. Remove the core from the red pepper and slice as thin as you can. Mix the radishes and peppers into the salad bowl.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl. Juice the lime mix in 2 tsp of sugar and the remaining soy sauce. Pour this over the salad and mix well.
- When your chicken has finished cooking, allow it to cool for a few mins before slicing each breast widthways into six pieces. Serve your chicken on top of a generous pile of the salad and finish with a few crunchy croutons.