I finished resistance for Week 4 today which means that bar cardio tomorrow, my first month of Kayla Itsines regime is over! I wasn’t feeling great most this week and felt rather bloated and well bleurgh (fantastic word haha). However, when I got back from my session today I was sitting on the floor in front of the mirror doing my hair when I realised that my previous two or three rolls round my middle had suddenly disappeared to one, my tummy looked tighter and more toned. I realised that what everyone had been saying that it takes 4 weeks for you to see the change in yourself was actually true, I’m sure Monday morning when I take new photos and compare to the ones from the beginning I shall see more results but this for me was a big big step. With that in mind I was deciding on what healthy dinner I was going to make for me and the chap and settled on a cod dish. Easy to do and yummy to eat, definitely a dinner to try if you don’t have much time.
Ingredients (dinner for two)
For the Cod:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp light, soft brown sugar
- few sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 1tbsp soya sauce
- 2 cod fillets
- 100g brown basmati rice
- 100g trimmed green beans and tenderstem broccoli
- Chop onions up. Heat oil in frying pan, add the onion, then fry for 5-8 mins until lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, sugar thyme and soya sauce then bring to the boil.
- Simmer 5 mins, then slip the cod into the sauce and add the sweetcorn.
- Cover and gently cook for 8-10 mins until the cod flakes easily.
- Serve with the rice (cooked for 20-25 mins) and the veggie (cooked for 10-15 mins)
A quick, easy and extremely yummy dinner, all cooked and ready in 30 mins. Bon Appétit!