So it has been a while since I put up a blog post. This has been due to being rather busy with work and other such things but I have been keeping up with my Kayla exercises and healthy eating and I am really starting to see a change. I will be resuming blogging as I have really missed it!
My cooking has become better over the last few months to the point that I am starting to be able to decide what herbs/spices/vegetables would be good with a dish.
I have also been eating more fish and white meat. I now limit myself to only 1, maybe 2 at most dinners of red meat a week.
Salmon is a very easy fish to create into a wonderfully flavour filled dinner. We spied some samphire whilst food shopping, something I haven’t had in years so decide to combine it with tomatoes, brown rice and some sweet soya salmon, yum!
Ingredients – serves 2
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 1/2 cup Soya Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2tsp Fresh Ginger
- Small handful of Fresh Coriander
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 100g Brown Rice
- Cherry Tomatoes
Method – takes about 30 mins.
- Boil water for the brown rice and cook for 20-25 mins
- Finely chop the coriander and garlic and grate the ginger
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- Dunk the salmon fillets in and leave to marinate for 10 minutes
- Heat some butter in a small frying pan on medium heat and put the samphire in for 5 mins or until soft
- Fry the salmon skin side down on a medium heat for around 4 mins then flip and cook the top for about 3 mins or till cooked
- Arrange all the food onto the plate and serve. Enjoy!