On Wednesday I put on my apron and decided that I was in the mood for chicken! This proved to be a great easy, quick recipe which is wonderful for a nice winter evening.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 400g new potatoes
- 60g feta
- 1 leek
- A bunch of mint
Method (Ready in 30 minutes)
- Boil a pot of water with ½ tsp of salt for your new potatoes. Chop the new potatoes into halves or quarters depending on the size. Once the water does to the boil cook the potatoes for around 10 mins or until soft enough to eat.
- Chop the great leafy part and the root from the leek. Slice the leek in half lengthways and then very thinly slice widthways.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in pan on medium heat and add the leeks. Cook them gently for around 10 mins until soft and sweet. Remove from heat.
- Lay each chicken breast on the chopping board and slice into it from the side. Open it up like a book to create your butterflied chicken.
- Turn your grill to high heat. Rub a little bit of olive oil onto each chicken breast. Season with a little pinch of salt and pepper and lay on a baking tray. Place under the grill on the highest shelf for 4-5 mins on each side.
- Whilst the chicken is grilling, crumble the feta into the cooled leek mixture. Taste the mixture and add a bit of salt and pepper if it needs it.
- Spread the leek mixture over the top of the chicken and put back under the grill. Cook for another minute of two until the top is nice and golden.
- Toss the potatoes in a little butter if you have some (or some olive oil). Sprinkle on a little salt and pepper and finely shredded mint leaves.
This recipe was so yummy and so unbelievably easy to cook, I couldn’t believe how quickly it took to prepare and make. Would definitely do this recipe again, perhaps with a few more greens on the side.