I finally finished the last week 6 resistance for the third and final time! Only have one more cardio left and I am ready to move onto week 7.
I have been really looking forward to attempting to make this meal all week, it looks so good. I had a long day of university work and then cleaning the flat. So after all that, with the chap out at a Christmas do, I was excited to try this recipe, and it did not disappoint.
Ingredients (serves 2)
Method (Ready in about 35-40 mins)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C. Cut the potatoes into quarters (but don’t peel the skin). Peel and roughly chop the onion into 3cm cubes (approx).
- Toss the potatoes and onion into 1½ tbsp of olive oil, ½ tsp of salt and a good grind of pepper. Roast the potatoes and onion on a large baking tray on the top shelf of the oven for around 20 mins. Give the tray a good shake 10 mins in to cook the other side and remove from the oven once the potatoes are nice and crispy. Put some tin foil over it to keep it warm.
- Place your hand flat on each chicken breast and slice in half from the side. You want to be able to open up the chicken breast like a book (see my butterflied chicken recipe for pictures if unsure). Lay the chicken between 2 sheets of clingfilm. Whack the chicken using the base of a pan or a rolling pin until it is less than ½ cm thick.
- Spread 1 tbsp of pesto over each flattened breast. Cut the mozzarella up and lay along one edge. Roll the chicken up from the edge with the mozzarella and secure with some cocktail sticks.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan on a medium-high heat. Season the outside of the rolled chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook for 5 mins. Turn regularly to give the outside an even golden colour.
- Turn the heat down in the oven to 180°C. Transfer the chicken to a baking tray and place on the top shelf of the oven. Cook for around 10-15 mins then remove and rest for a few mins before serving. The chicken is cooked when it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve the roasted potatoes and onions with the chicken. I added some tender stem broccoli just to give me some more greens!!