So this recipe is one that we has been our go to in recent weeks whenever we have wanted a fish recipe. It is delicious and so easy to prepare and cook. The flavours are delicious and even my friend who does not like vegetables, loved the tomatoes in this!
Ingredients – serves 2
- 1 onion
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ bunch of fresh marjoram, if not available you can used dried.
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- 1 vegetable stock pot
- 1 cup aroborio rice
- 2 cod fillets
Method – takes about 35 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. Peel and chop the onion into roughly 1cm pieces. Chop each tomato into eight wedges. Peel and grate the garlic. Pull the marjoram leaves off their stalks and roughly chop the leaves (if using fresh). Zest and juice the lemon and grate the parmesan.
- Put the tomatoes on a baking tray. Mix together half the garlic and a quarter of marjoram with 1 tbsp of olive oil, ¼ tsp of salt and a good grind of pepper. Drizzle this over the tomatoes and leave them to the side.
- Bring 1l of water to the boil in a pot with the vegetable stock pot.
- Meanwhile, pop the onion in a saucepan with 1 tbsp of butter or oil instead. Put on medium heat and cook for 5 mins until the onion is soft, then add the remaining garlic and three-quarters of the remaining marjoram. Stir together and cook for 30 seconds.
- Once the pan is smelling fragrant and garlicky, add the rice along with ¼ tsp of salt and a good grind of pepper, stir and cook for 1-2 mins until the rice looks slightly translucent around the edges. Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in your oven to cook for 20 mins.
- Once you’ve cooked your rice for a minute, add in a ladle of your stock, stir, and when the stock has been absorbed by the rice, add another ladle of stock. Keep the pan on medium heat and continue adding stock and stirring, letting it absorb before adding another ladle. The cooking time should take 20-25 mins and your risotto is done when your rice is ‘al dente’.
- When your risotto us cooked, add in the parmesan and some of the lemon juice. Stir, taste, and add more lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Put a lid on and leave to the side off the heat.
- Put a pan on medium heat wth 1 tbsp of oil. Season each fillet of cod with a pinch of salt and a good grind of pepper on each side. Sprinkle the lemon zest over each fillet as well. Put the fillets in your pan skin-side down and cook for 3 mins before turning over to cook on the other side for 3 mins.
- Stir your roasted tomatoes into your risotto and serve in bowls with your cod on top. Sprinkle over your remaining marjoram and enjoy!