Pizza for breakfast? That can’t be healthy? But wait it is! I came across this recipe a few weeks ago and tried it out and my god it was good!! Quick and easy to make and it will fill you up till lunchtime! Oh and as if you needed another reason to try this, it is gluten free and it is packed with protein and fiber!! So go on what are you waiting for?
Ingredients – serves 1
For the crust:
- ⅓ cup garbanzo bean flour (chickpea flour). If you need an alternative, buckwheat flour is a good option.
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pepper, to taste
For the toppings:
- 2 eggs
- Salsa, enough to cover the crust
- ¼ of an avocado
- 1 spring onion
Method – takes about 15 mins
- In a small bowl, stir together all the crust ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a small pan with sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Pour batter into pan and cook for about 6 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove crust from pan. Beat the eggs then spray the pan and pour the eggs into the pan. Cook until set.
- Spread salsa over the crust. Add the scrambled eggs, the cubed avocado and the sliced spring onions. Season with salt and pepper and serve.